Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And So It Begins

Well, I finally decided to join the world of blogging, just as my life gets completely crazy. This is the first blog posting I have ever done, and I'm finding it a little daunting. For this post, I'm going to introduce you to the crazy that my life has become. Chances are, if you're reading this, you already know me and my background, so I'm going to start with today (well, really the past couple of weeks) and move forward from there. Starting with the kiddos.

Ilizibith is probably one of the smartest 12-year-old young women I have ever known. (And yes, I know I'm biased!) She has the equivalent of straight A's, loves to read, and is extremely creative. She spends a lot of her time either reading or sketching, and I am absolutely amazed at the raw talent she has when it comes to her art. She recently started taking guitar lessons, which has added to the crazy schedule we are trying to maintain, and she loves it! I know that there are a lot of great things to come from her, and a lot more craziness to ensue as she gets older and starts *gasp* junior high next year.

Christian is one of the sweetest and most caring 9-year-old boys I know, and I love it! He also has straight A's right now, and he loves anything that has to do with the military or flying. He also loves sports, and has recently decided that he wants to play baseball, soccer, and football. It looks like we'll starting with baseball this spring, and finding out what he really likes to play. The boy can run, so they all seem promising.

As for me, life really seems to be getting crazier the older I get. With the big 3-0 birthday behind me, I decided it was time to really get it together and start following my dreams. I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember, and I put that on hold to try and take care of my kids the best I could. I'm realizing now that if I had just gone to school and gotten my degree, our life would have been so much better. But I think that I definitely had some lessons to learn and some growing up to do, and now that I have I can take this big step in my life. In January I began working as a substitute teacher for the Nebo School District, and I absolutely love it. This lead to the decision to finally go back to school and get my teaching degree. So not only did I start a new job, I started school as well! I found a school that really fits the way I learn, and I can do everything except my student teaching online. The only time I will ever have to set foot on campus is to graduate! I have one more week of orientation, but I am feeling very confident in my ability to use the ecampus and to finally get my degree. I tell my kids all the time that they can be and do anything they want to if they work hard, and it's finally time to show them how true that is!

On a lighter note, my inner geek has finally been released, and I am loving every second of it! I started reading The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (that most of my guy friends have been geeking out over for years!) and I am proud to say that I am also geeking out over it. I love, love, love it and I can't believe I waited this long to read it. To all of my friends that I teased in high school about these books, consider this your formal apology. :D My friend Amy also introduced me to a game called Munchkin, which again I am in love with. We play as often as we can, and great fun is had by all as we "kill the monsters, steal the treasure, and stab our buddies." If you haven't ever played, you are missing out! I also started playing World of Warcraft (to all of my friends from high school, please reference the above apology) and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm a little bit obsessed with it. I play as often as I can, and once we have another computer will get to play a little bit more.

So to recap; My kids rock, I'm working and going to school full-time and I have released my inner geek. Also throw in 3 fuzzballs that allow us to live with them (that's another post!) and the world continues to revolve around the crazy that is this little section of the Summerhalder clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment